Parent Support Group (PSG)
AJC Parent Support Group (PSG) would like to wish you a happy 2018! We strongly believe in home-school partnership to provide a holistic learning experience and environment for the students. PSG also aims to serve as a conduit to facilitate two-way communication between parents and the college such that parents are kept up-to-date and are also able to provide constructive feedback on college policies and programmes.
In 2018, PSG is going to collaborate with the college to support the following programmes:
- Career Symposium where parents can share their experiences in their professions with students
- AJ Plays where parents can organize enrichment classes for students after the Mid-Year Common Tests
- AJC Family Day where parents can set up a booth and raise funds
- Universities Panel Discussion facilitated by our Education and Career Guidance (ECG) Counsellor Ms Loretta Foo
- Career and Education Planning Seminar for Parents conducted by ECG Counsellor
- Social-Emotional Well-Being Talks conducted by our Full-Time School Counsellor Mr Lionel Chan for parents who wish to better support their child in learning
- JC2 Farewell Assembly where parents can give moral support to our graduating batch of students via words of encouragement, a presentation item or a small treat
PSG will organize a gathering for parents who have indicated interest in PSG after the JC1 Principal-Parents Meeting in February to explain more about the opportunities mentioned above. More details will be given nearer the date.
So come join us! Please email your name, contact number, and child's/ward's name and class to email@example.com and we will contact you.
In the past few years, the PSG has also raised funds for the Night Study Dinner (NSD) in support of the students before the Preliminary and Promotional Examinations. If you wish to contribute to the NSD initiative, you may donate via cash or cheque, payable to ‘Anderson Junior College’ and indicate ‘For NSD’ at the back, to the General Office any time of the year.
Thank you and we look forward to your support!